Thursday, April 21, 2011

~Physical Therapy~

So I started Physical Therapy a couple weeks ago, and I am happy to report that I got a "gold star" today! For the first time, I was able to do all but one of the exercises without pain. I had to go out last weekend and buy a maternity belt, because of the relaxin in my system, my left hip actually pops like it's coming out of socket, and between that and these little exercises Susan has me doing, I can ALMOST function like a human being!!!

Funny story.
So I'm not allowed to wear heels for the remainder of my pregnancy. My hips are off kilter on a normal day, and the baby isn't helping. I wore heels to work on Tuesday, just to see if after the physical therapy and maternity belt, my body could handle it. It could NOT. Definitely a painful Tuesday night and Wednesday. On Wednesday, I was talking to Alise, one of the great girls I work with, and I was telling her how I didn't know what I was going to do on Sunday, because my heels hurt my hips SO badly, and I have to wear them with my dress. She looked at me strangely, and said... "Why don't you get a cute pair of flats? Those would be comfortable and you'd be cute!" NEVER DAWNED ON ME TO BUY FLATS. I've not purchased dress shoes in anything other than HIGH heels in like 15 years. Seriously?? It's like Alise opened this WHOLE new world to me! Classic. Thankfully she is fully aware of the fact that I am NOT a moron! Haha!

No comments: