Wednesday, July 27, 2011

~39 weeks, 1 day~

We just got back from the Dr again. Remember when we first got pregnant, and how I joked around about my heart pills? How they give them to women who struggle with pre term labor and pre clampsia? Well, we joked with the Dr that we would probably have to coax her out, and in talking to him today, it appears that my heart pills are keeping me from dilating and going into labor. Emerson is so low he could feel her head and wasn't surprised at all when I told him how painful it was when she moved from her shoulders up. I asked him it if was in fact my heart pills keeping me from progressing further and he said yes. SAD!!! So, we have an appt for next Wednesday, which is a day AFTER our due date, and start talking about induction. :-( I sat in the office trying so hard not to cry, and know that Emerson is just fine, that though I hurt, I am just fine, and another week isn't going to kill either of us. But the exhaustion and frustration with the final days of pregnancy are really starting to get to me. So, prayers are appreciated, and I will keep y'all informed in the coming days!

2 comments:

the fritz family said...

Its going to be a lot of hormonal changes from here on out, girl. You are one of THE strongest women I have ever met and I KNOW that you are going to be able to do ALL of this labor stuff, even if its medically started. You and Joshua are going to be amazing parents and I am so sad that I am not there to welcome the little one into the world. I love you so much.

Michelle said...

It definitely sucks, but she's is more than worth the wait... I can't wait to see her beautiful face!